Compactlogix 5069 V32 Major Fault

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have an installation with with 6 Compactlogix 5069-L3X0ER PLCs.
Within the past week, two of the 6 have crashed with the unrecoverable fault that wipes out the program.

Anyone else experiencing symptoms such as this?

I know when you get back online with a plc that there are 4 tabs where the plc memory was wiped due to some fault. One of the tabs is the Major Fault tab, look there for what the issue is of why the plc wiped its memory. Take a snip of the screen for later viewing, since you need to get that machine back up.

I know when you get back online with a plc that there are 4 tabs where the plc memory was wiped due to some fault. One of the tabs is the Major Fault tab, look there for what the issue is of why the plc wiped its memory. Take a snip of the screen for later viewing, since you need to get that machine back up.

This is the non-recoverable fault where a diagnostic fault file is dumped to the memory card ( if installed ).

I beleive this type of fault requires Rockwell's direct involvement and if you do not have a support contract, you are SOL.