Eagle Signal MTA330A6 05 What kind of "PLC" or control is this?

Here is a Doc that Matthew have shared:

https://docdro.id/3puXVJ8
The link is not a manual, it is an invitation to download and install software. If you want to post the pdf manual, I'll take a look, but this situation does not warrant installing software to get a pdf.

On step sequencers, there are numbered outputs. The numbered outputs change state when the step for which the output is listed is enabled, hold the state during the step and change back if the output is not associated with the next step. A motor drives the sequencer through the steps.

Last edited:
Hello Friends

Reviewing the training manual.

I was wrong.

It has 30 wheels, in the bottom 25 cables are connected, maybe inputs (Outputs)
At the right, 24 terminals, 20 cables connected, maybe outputs. (inputs)

According with the trainign manual in the bottom there are output loads and the tapswitch at the right is for inputs which determine the advance of the steps.

So, the program tabs determine if the output is NC or NO in this step?

Thanks again

Page_1-2.jpg Page_1-3.jpg Page_1-4.jpg

Is that machine Dosomat (filling and capping machine)?
I've done several upgrades of Dosomats with same control.

My solution in the machines I was upgrading was to add absolute encoder to shaft that was revolving one time for every cycle and then program every state according to position of encoder. I don't know is it applicable to your application, but for me that was very elegant solution.

Thanks for your response.

I think it is different.

This control has several ATC Timers connected to the Tapswitch and others connected to the Step Forward terminal.

I am trying to figure out how this control works.

Best regards

Thanks for your response.

I think it is different.

This control has several ATC Timers connected to the Tapswitch and others connected to the Step Forward terminal.

I am trying to figure out how this control works.

Best regards

You have two obvious options:

One is to trace out all the wiring and replicate the behavior of the drum stepper identically with a PLC.

The 2nd option (my preferred choice) is to forget about how that old controller works and gain a firm understanding of the process it controls and create a new control system that can do the same thing.

Replicating the action of the drum stepper might be easier if you have accurate schematics to work with.

Replacing the entire control scheme will result in a cleaner end result since you can eliminate a lot of the external relay logic at the same time and have a new system that will be easier to modify and perhaps build in new flexibility for the operators.

The 2nd option (my preferred choice) is to forget about how that old controller works and gain a firm understanding of the process it controls and create a new control system that can do the same thing.

I second this, in my experience, writing new generally yields better results than trying to reverse some old piece of cr@p.

You do of course rely on the customer somewhat to know what the hell their machine is meant to do.