Some hints dropped about the next evolution of RSLogix/Studio? ROK.auto/Ournext

PreLC

Hello PLCS.net!

Link here: https://www.rockwellautomation.com/en-us/products/software/factorytalk/whats-new.html
Seems like Rockwell is actually going to drop something major earlier next year.

There is some info about FactoryTalk Echo, a digital PLC which doesn't require program modification to emulate? Also, seems like it can talk to other PLCs from a PLC as if it was a soft-PLC.

There is also some info about a cloud based design hub, seems like they have something that can actually convert all versions to newer versions easily? Not sure what the difference is between this and the current system where you can upgrade to the latest installed version regardless of the older program version.

They also have a video about the new RSLogix, which is apparently built from the ground up? I'm really hoping for Studio5k V34 to be something that is like V10 of RSL5, and V12 of RSL500, which can open files for all previous versions. And whatever they call the next line of Studio5k, that would be for future versions, and hopefully work more independently of software version.
Still, seems very promising.

Any thoughts? Any leaks you folks know of?

Regards,
-PreLC

I'd be happy with Rockwell products just scaling properly on high res screens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But in all seriousness Rockwell's competitors have functionally surpassed them a while ago -- I look forward to seeing what they can offer to catch back up.

Hello PLCS.net!

There is some info about FactoryTalk Echo, a digital PLC which doesn't require program modification to emulate? Also, seems like it can talk to other PLCs from a PLC as if it was a soft-PLC.

So a SoftPLC like they used to have, but still no usable emulator and a way to emulate both PLC and HMI without having RSLinx Enterprise? They truly are stuck in the past...

I'd be happy with Rockwell products just scaling properly on high res screens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would like the popup to be on the same screen as the program.

Now (RSL500 & RSL/Studio5k) if I right click on the results window or a routine to close it the little popup box that normally is where the cursor was when clicked is on another monitor that usually is not the one next to the one being used.

I think a new style of programming is going to be introduced in early next month at the Automation fair, according to my local rep. Hopefully it's form+function rather than either.

LOL Knowing Rockwell it will be something half assed that exists in most platforms already for years and they'll make it out to be a fantastic evolution rather than being something for the fan boys to be cheerful about.

LOL Knowing Rockwell it will be something half assed that exists in most platforms already for years and they'll make it out to be a fantastic evolution rather than being something for the fan boys to be cheerful about.

At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask!

I would like the popup to be on the same screen as the program.

Now (RSL500 & RSL/Studio5k) if I right click on the results window or a routine to close it the little popup box that normally is where the cursor was when clicked is on another monitor that usually is not the one next to the one being used.

Thats Windows.. happens to me on Chrome, excel, RSLogix, etc.

Ridiculous.