LED lightbulb not turning for a output

RyanRtech

I have a weird situation here, maybe I am missing something easy.

So first, parts being used:
- G.E (Emerson) Rx3i controller
-IC200MDL330L Iso output card 120 vac 16 pt. 0.5 amp
-A.B 800t-qmh2A pushbutton indicator LED light. (universal transformer)

Operation is basically when lift is down and limit is made turn output for light to let operator know lift is down.

we have 4 lifts all on same output card. getting 120 vac out of all 4 outputs. but one indicator light will not light up even with 120vac on the universal transformer. Electricians first started with changing led with no luck. I decided to replace whole assembly beside contact blk. seeing as a did not see that as issue. When part was changed and power back on, light was on like it was suppose to be, Awesome! right lol. Well we came back 5 mins later and it was off again and could not get it to work again. Then decided to change output card, this made no difference. I did switch to analog meter instead of DMM. This happened on a weekend while mill was running and was not like we had changed anything or made a change. Appreciated for any help given!

AB Tech Data p 53: Universal LED load is 8.5 mA @ 120V AC

MDL330 minimum output is 10mA

Suggestion: Add a Parallel Resistor, to increase the load. (or another lamp)
Can't say why others work and this one don't! :)

And check your neutral... :eek:

Last edited:
Yes i was thinking that, the other lights working was throwing me off. I have a 100 ohm resistor I am goin to try. would it matter if I put the resistor in parallel with lightbulb (universal) or it is also suggested to put across output on card?

Try a a 10K 2 watt. You'll burn up that 100 ohm.
Another way to go is just wire the lamp to the limit switch input terminal.
No outputs required.

Can't say why others work and this one don't! :).. :eek:

That's easy - bad quality control.

The specs on 100 different bulbs can be 50 different ohms readings, 75 different minimum currents, and 99 different brightnesses or color hues.

EDIT: The numbers are educated guesses, but I'm thinking close enough to actual if you tested 100 identical bulbs. Even when they make transistors they just make a bunch and then check each for characteristics and then give it it's number.

Last edited:
First off, get the device in pieces and see what has failed, is it the LED bulb or is it the transformer? You should be able to test the LED bulb from a low voltage supply. You can test the transformer by checking the primary and secondary resistances.

If you can't get it to pieces then this next step carries the risk of blowing another device, and those things aren't cheap. Swap a good and bad unit. Does the bad unit work in the new position? Does the good unit work and keep working. Generally if electrical things stop working they are either getting too high or too low a voltage. Or they aren't designed to work with the voltage they are being fed.

In California, one to change it and two to relate to the experience.

In Oregon, one to change it, and three to chase away the Californians who came up to relate to the experience.

Or the video a cop posted about how many firemen it takes to screw in a lightbulb - one! However it takes 3 ER nurses and a surgeon to remove it.

I think he didn't appreciate firemen, wonder if his attitude changes after his house catches on fire once. It isn't my joke and I appreciate their work and dedication even though I've never had a fire

In California, one to change it and two to relate to the experience.

In Oregon, one to change it, and three to chase away the Californians who came up to relate to the experience.

I know what you meant, especially those guys in Oregon ...talkin’ bout.

But the guys in the East are not far behind, especially in the unionized plant. It’d take a sup., a maintenance manager, a union rep., a safety coordinator, a millwright for the OSHA approved & certified ladder, and of course the electrician and his apprentice.