You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old July 20th, 2021, 06:36 PM   #31
cidchase
United States

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=90048
Old July 21st, 2021, 10:50 AM   #32
TreyB
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASF View Post
Great approach and great solution!

This is almost certainly a very simple fix. Check that after you assign it an IP address you have disabled BOOTP/DHCP in the module.

I can't be sure on the 1747-AENTR specifically, but on a lot of other AENTR modules there are also specific combinations you can set the addressing switches to, which will do various things on a power cycle (like factory reset). Check the position of those switches as well, assuming they exist on this particular module.
Yep, I made this post before I had dug into the manual and indeed the first time i used BOOTP i had skimmed and didnt' see the part about disabling DHCP!! all is well now. Next is to actually get the Delta V controller controlling it. But, the PLC side of things seem to be resolved.
Old July 21st, 2021, 06:12 PM   #33
Firejo
United States

Well done. Persistence pays off and the challenge is always half the fun (at least for me). Glad you got it working.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum