You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old July 21st, 2021, 02:04 PM   #1
BabyLuda
United States

GE Fanuc 90-30 CPU350

Hello everyone. I have a one off machine that uses a GE Fanuc 90-30 part number IC693CPU350-CE. The only software I have for my computer is Proficy Machine Edition 7.0. I'm trying to do an upload and get a copy of the program printed to help with troubleshooting and eventually convert to a micrologix. The vendor has been less than helpful, and a colleague says they password protected the PLC. This is unverified though. (I don't even see a spot to type a password into) I have cable IC690USB901. I have no other knowledge about what software was used to download to the PLC or anything else.

My issue.. I get the software open and select my series 90-30 PLC. Get the com port set up on the target and then hit go online. It just keeps trying and trying. The retry count keeps incrementing up. Once I click go online, I see the PS Port flashing green as if it is communicating. If I change the baud rate or the parity and try to go online the PS Port will not blink. Any ideas on what to try next? I've searched all over and have had no luck.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum