CompatLogix L33ERM + MT M800 EIP

celichi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, I hope all is well, and all the dad's out there had a great Fathers Day!

I have to integrate an M800 EIP Analyzer to a Compact Logix L36ERM.

The documentation is really lacking from Metler, nothing on KB. I have a call into MT on Wednesday, and have yet to get a call back.

Has anyone had any time with this?

Thanks!

I don't have experience with that specific device, but I've done a lot of third-party integration.

Can you point us to the documents that Mettler-Toledo *does* provide ?

I find these, so far:

https://www.mt.com/us/en/home/produ...0-process-transmitter-1-ch-eip.html#documents

What sort of sensors are you using with this MT800 ?

That is all I can find as well. I had the EDS file, and I have registered. M800 is showing up in Linx with Icon, Studio 5000 in the Ethernet IO tree - "a profile must be installed before this device can be added".

Conductivity and Temperature usually, but PH and ORP are also possible.

Interesting that when I registered the EDS file with the Hardware EDS Registration Tool, it didn't find the correct icon and gave me an error when I tried to select a different one. For some reason this EDS contains a blob of data for the icon, rather than just a pointer to the path containing a *.ico file.

But the EDS registered correctly and the device shows up in my available modules when I filter for Mettler-Toledo.

The EDS just allows for a very simple "EDS-defined Add On Profile" where you can select a 1/2 Channel Block or a 4 Channel Block for the I/O assembly in yhr module definition. That just switches between input Assemblies 101 and 103, but it also defines the module-defined datatypes for the analyzer, with the Channel values and flow values and setpoint statues and that sort of thing named in the map of the I/O assembly.

Do you get that far ? I am using Studio 5000 v24 with a 1769-L30ER for my checks, just because that was the last program I had open.

Available_Modules.PNG

Interesting that when I registered the EDS file with the Hardware EDS Registration Tool, it didn't find the correct icon and gave me an error when I tried to select a different one. For some reason this EDS contains a blob of data for the icon, rather than just a pointer to the path containing a *.ico file.

But the EDS registered correctly and the device shows up in my available modules when I filter for Mettler-Toledo.

The EDS just allows for a very simple "EDS-defined Add On Profile" where you can select a 1/2 Channel Block or a 4 Channel Block for the I/O assembly in yhr module definition. That just switches between input Assemblies 101 and 103, but it also defines the module-defined datatypes for the analyzer, with the Channel values and flow values and setpoint statues and that sort of thing named in the map of the I/O assembly.

Do you get that far ? I am using Studio 5000 v24 with a 1769-L30ER for my checks, just because that was the last program I had open.

Ken...First I want to say, that you help everyone here, and I really appreciate your help.

I have been waiting for Metller Toledo support, since Thursday. They keep answering my questions with more questions. I kid you not, this is the last response I recieved from MT support...

Hi Paul,

My support is asking for the following in order to assist you. Please advise as soon as possible.

1. What is the customer's experience level with EtherNet/IP communication modules in Logix5000 Control Systems?
2. Is the customer using Studio 5000? If so, which version?
3. Does the customer know how to add a module to a Studio 5000 project?

Once we have this we can start moving forward.

Thank you,

- PRO Tech Support Canada​

Anyway, I gave up on MT, will being using Burkert from now on.

I finally got this to work, I had to delete the Rockwell Automation, Inc. folder under users, there is a tech note (QA22698).

Then I had to un register, and re-register, the EDS file. After doing that, the M800 showed up as an option.

After that I was getting no connections available error. So I had to select the Change button on the first tab, and slect either 1/4 Channel Block or 4 Channel Block.

I still do not have data coming back, but at least I can add into the Ethernet tree.

o_O

Anytime you have ethernet devices been best practices to put on a private network. Or a 192.168.x.x ethernet address
Anytime it went on a customer network it always caused config issues and connection issues.
So do private network for your device. I believe that processor has two ports, make one private.

When I look thru manual, how do you know when a new message is available? Usually there is a defined dint that increments a count or a bit that says new message or data.