To Byte swap or not to Byte swap, that is the question

I don't think you are out of the woods yet, how does the emerson plc store the value 0001 in a word consisting of two bytes?

Here's how it is stored in a siemens plc. The least significant bits are stored in the most significant byte.

Emerson does the quite civilized thing of storing the least significant bits of a word in the least significant byte of that word.

Similar Topics

I have a C-More HMI that changes my PLC String from "Machine Status" to "aMhcni etStasu" . There is an option with other objects that have string...
Replies
Views
Good Morning, I'm using RS Logix 5000 to program an Allen-Bradley 1769-QBFC1B Version 20.12 and want to use the Byte Swap Instruction (SWPB)...
Replies
Views
I ran into a situation where some devices I use display String bytes in a swapped order as they are stored in my PLC (CompactLogix). I thought it...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I'm having some weird data conversion issue over modbus happening. And I found a post here before that is similar to what I'm seeing but...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody, I have a communication to a Linux-PC via sockets. So I created a quite large UDT with all the content. Unfortunately we have to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom