Redlion Crimson 3.1 DINT to Float conversion for SLC 500

mgranger

Hello,

I'm taking in two 16 bit ints from the field via modbus, one low order and one high order to combine into their proper 32-bit form. I've handled this by using the following complex tag expression:

return TextToInt(IntToText([SILOXANE.400004],2,16)+IntToText([SILOXANE.400003],2,16),2);

Now, I need this value into a SLC 500 plc where the only data format I have available is float.

I would like to figure out a way to convert the double integer to a float using crimson, then pass it to the plc. Unfortunately, I cannot COP the two 16 bit integer into a real then MOV the real to a float because I do not have the real data type available on my plc.

You should be able to add a Crimson Float tag assigned to a SLC float and then add to your function an assignment that writes to it with a typecast:

int a := TextToInt(IntToText([SILOXANE.400004],2,16)+IntToText([SILOXANE.400003],2,16),2);
SLC_F8_10 := float(a);
return a;

Example assumes a Crimson Floating Point tag named SLC_F8_10 but should be something better than that for your application.