Twincat 3 software help

kalabdel

Good day everyone,

I have to issues that I can not figure out and are driving me nuts. I am using TwinCat 3.1 I believe.

1- How to I turn off that god aweful auto declare option; I do not want it to pop up every time I move my cursor around with un-declared variables.

2-Find and Replace do not work at all, can never find anything no matter how many times I change the search criteria. Is there a trick somewhere?

Thanks

1- How to I turn off that god aweful auto declare option; I do not want it to pop up every time I move my cursor around with un-declared variables.
Go to Options from the Tools menu, then drill down into TwinCAT > PLC Environment > Smart coding. Turn off "Declare unknown variables automatically".

Go to Options from the Tools menu, then drill down into TwinCAT > PLC Environment > Smart coding. Turn off "Declare unknown variables automatically".
Thanks, I got it.

Any chance you know how the search field in the options dialog box works? I searched earlier for "smart" and "auto" and nothing came up.

Good day everyone,

2-Find and Replace do not work at all, can never find anything no matter how many times I change the search criteria. Is there a trick somewhere?

Thanks

Find and replace works if I start TwinCat 3 shell without not Visual Studio.