kiss my grits

ganutenator

Lifetime Supporting Member
Schneider can kiss my grits.
Decrease the quality, double the price.
Tell me how that works out for you.
I never want to see another white box w/ green lettering on it.

They bought APC and quality of the desktop UPS line turned to junk. They also bought SquareD and they must have canned the good support personnel because they are impossible to deal with and know next to nothing.

I bought an APC UPS - and not the cheap one.

Less than 28 days later it goes off on a Replace Battery alert. Obviously shipped with a bad battery.

Tech support saw nothing wrong with a 27 day battery life & told me I "got 27 good days of use out of it - just replace the battery" Also, that 27 "good days of use
' was actually NO use out of the UPS as there was never a power failure during that time.

Every UPS I have bought since has been CyberPower and I haven't had any problem with one yet.

ATV 31 and 312's no issues. Other than their software and manuals are and will ever be complete ****z.
ATV320, what a joke.
Then they double the price of our M340. And then they steel work from me and offer to translate the code into codesys for free.
Luckily for me they screwed up.
Then the license for that software disabled the license for Indusoft.
Then an upgrade of Unity caused So Move to stop working.
Then, the distributor from Indusoft jacked us.
What a nightmare.

Is it odd that I only consider Schneider for circuit breakers, power distribution and the buttons for panels and stuff (the telemecanique stuff?

Maybe it's from not seeing many installations but I've never seen many Schneider PLCs in use. In fact, only 1 and is on my to do list for 2023 to get rid of.

Is it odd that I only consider Schneider for circuit breakers, power distribution and the buttons for panels and stuff (the telemecanique stuff?

Maybe it's from not seeing many installations but I've never seen many Schneider PLCs in use. In fact, only 1 and is on my to do list for 2023 to get rid of.

Depends on the industry, we use hundreds of them a year.

is it odd that i only consider schneider for circuit breakers, power distribution and the buttons for panels and stuff (the telemecanique stuff?

Maybe it's from not seeing many installations but i've never seen many schneider plcs in use. In fact, only 1 and is on my to do list for 2023 to get rid of.

+1

We recently upgraded a control system for a boiler (old SattCon) to a Siemens s7-1500. That client have alot of Schneider Unity PLC's, probably Telemechanique, controlling additional boilers and their control guy is not happy about them.
One of them even went bust during the shut down of the boiler we were working on causing them to have to start their reserve boilers. This was for district heating.

I've found the M340 and M580 to be a very reliable platform. No issues at all. Think I've had one analog output card failure in 8 years, out of over a hundred I/O cards and 25+ installations.

If the boiler guy was running old modicon premium or quantum processors, well i wouldn't be too surprised about a failure there... they're ancient now.

The fact that you can still upgrade an old quantum from 15+ years ago to run the modern Unity / ControlExpert firmware and take advantage of the features added over that timeframe is awesome.

I think the OP just had some bad weed and was feeling grumpy.

I loved the M340.
What I don't like is that they now doubled the price.
AND
They want us to buy a separate support contract for every single product.
AND
numerous other things.
Oh, and "The OP just had some bad weed and was feeling grumpy"? go on and get!

I used a M340 a few years back and was actually impressed at some of the improvements. At the time there was very limited 3rd party support. If you wanted to use structured tags (UDT) then you had to use their HMI. If you wanted to use a third party HMI, you had to resort to old modbus registers to transfer information. That was suckage.

I used a M340 a few years back and was actually impressed at some of the improvements. At the time there was very limited 3rd party support. If you wanted to use structured tags (UDT) then you had to use their HMI. If you wanted to use a third party HMI, you had to resort to old modbus registers to transfer information. That was suckage.

Now, Schneider bought up Indusoft.
If you install SoMachine, it breaks your Indusoft license. If you install Unity, it breaks your SoMove.
I'm done.

Back
Top Bottom