Heart beat signal

My approach:

In my case I have two Allen Bradley Compactlogix, I use a special security relay from Allen Bradley . This relay receive signal from both plcs (pulses) if one or both pulses are lost then the relay will actuale and trigger an alarm or whaterver you want.

Ha. Maybe the same here.

I can divulge more classes/instances/attributes in exchange for assistance here.

I don't know where you have got the information from, but publishing as yet undisclosed CIA data must go against RA policies.

Tread carefully, or you might get the RA police on your back ....

I don't know where you have got the information from, but publishing as yet undisclosed CIA data must go against RA policies.

Tread carefully, or you might get the RA police on your back ....

They're published by RA - just in roundabout ways. Just one example, but classes 0x01, 0x6B, 0x8B, 0xF5, 0xF6, and 0x33A described in that manual directly correspond with what can be parsed on 5x80 processors. There's other literature available, you just have to take the time to dive in and scrape what you can.

If I've already put in the effort, I see no harm in sharing information on that level in exchange for project guidance.

*Granted* - there's lots of other objects I've lately run into and dissected, but they're either dead-end leads for my project or so very esoteric or specific to hardware (Backplane Interfaces/Counters, CPU Core Stats, and so on) that I don't see their value.

Last edited:
Much appreciated.

Oooh, that's handy. First full description of a symbol object's attributes (officially).

No problem.

It's trickier reading them with GET_ATTRIBUTES_ALL: the returned attribute order is 2, 3, 1, 5.

There's a derived attribute of structured symbols, Template Instance - it's the result of a bitwise AND of the Symbol Type attribute against 0x0FFF. This value is an instance number of the Template class (0x6C).

Last edited:
No problem.

It's trickier reading them with GET_ATTRIBUTES_ALL: the returned attribute order is 2, 3, 1, 5.

Interesting. I've found that some Rockwell products don't play well with Get_Attribute_Single, but will work with Get_Attributes_List.

There's a derived attribute of structured symbols, Template Instance - it's the result of a bitwise AND of the Symbol Type attribute against 0x0FFF. This value is an instance number of the Template class (0x6C).

I'm sufficiently familiar with the Symbol and Template classes to have a working emulation in Java :)

(Look at Module Sales on my home page.)

I'm just trying to figure out how to tease the Class 1 connection objects / lists out of their ports.

I've deciphered so many unrelated classes that I'm thinking in CIA terms... all the time.

:ROFLMAO:

Hi,

Have you accomplished this? I do this quite frequently. It is very simple.

EDIT - I have attached an example on the SLC side. I removed some destination tag names to prevent confusion. Name them whatever you want.

The Destination has to be the bit that's being messaged to the SLC.

Duplicate this on the SLC side as well.

JTC

HBT.png

Last edited: