Invalid Size Of Array

hitthis911

I'm running into an issue with a few Add-Ons within my rungs, I will add some pictures for a description of what is happening, I know I'm missing something simple but for the life of me a can figure out what.

Thank you in advance.

Agitators.PNG Agitators2.PNG

Your tag size doesn’t look to match the requested AOI array size. Opening up the array parameter window will display the desired tag size... or type in a new tag name and press ctrl+W to get the pop up add tag window with the default data type and size filled in

You need to look at the AOI definition to see what size that input is expecting. The tag you are trying to use in your AOI must match exactly. I see the tag you are using is an array with a length of 1, if the AOI is expecting an array with the length of anything other than 1, it will complain. Also, the tag format may need the "[0]" at the end.

In this snip it appears to me that the array size is [41] on the in and [2] on the out. When i input that I get "Invalid Array Subscript Specifier" error.

Agitators3.PNG

In this snip it appears to me that the array size is [41] on the in and [2] on the out. When i input that I get "Invalid Array Subscript Specifier" error.

Post the whole program; more eyes looking is better; everyone watching through OP's eyes is slower and/or untenable.

As drbitboy said, having the whole would help, but I believe the error is telling you everything you need to know, which I've already addressed:

How you typed it in the AOI is likely wrong, it needs to be "...Data[0]", not "...Data" and the size of the arrays you are passing to your AOI don't match. The AOI is expecting a size of 41 for your input and a size of 2 for your output. The tags you are passing to the AOI are a size of 1.

There appears confusion between the AOI's data type and what the AOI expects as parameters. For example, BCM_3 is declared as the AOI's data, but then is being passed into it the first argument. The AOI is expecting a different UDT -- one that associated with the device, which looks like a smart motor starter. That UDT should have a 41-byte array to pass as the input argument and a 2-byte array to receive the AOI's output.

This may seem like a dumb question but where would I find the "code" and or "declaration" on Logix5000.

In your controller organizer, try finding the Add-on Instructions folder.
This should have a subfolder with your AOI's name, tags and logic. I think this is what people are referring to.

Another question, did you add that module as a generic module, or using an EDS file? Sometime you have to be careful with the sizes defined for generic, or even EDS based modules. This can potentially make the AOI deem the incoming data wrong.

Also, what is the size of the BCM_3.data? What device is BCM? Is the AOI public? I can try and figure it out on my Studio5k.

Last edited:
Sorry for the slow reply, I finally got this issue solved. The issue was coming from the module definition, I had left it as default and did not match what the add-on instruction was. I will attach a picture of what I changed. Thank You very much for all the help.

Agitator5.PNG