String Indirect addressing from one DB to another DB

Sreekanth

I have one common Buffer DB 10 with multiple String values, I am trying to move from DB10 to MainDB 20 using with SFC 20 Move block not sure how to do this.🔨

StringMove.png

It's not strictly indirect addressing but...
Call your SFC20 block.
For your SRCBLK put P#DB10.DBX0.0
Create a temp Int variable called Temp_Ret_Val and use #Temp_Ret_Val for your RET_VAL
For your destination put P#DB20.DBX0.0 BYTE 608

That should copy all the strings from DB10 into DB20
Adjust the SRC address, destination address and number of bytes depending on how many strings you want to move and where you want to move them to.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I remember a while back somebody asking about how to Indirect address a Logix tag using a string. It is possible. I just stumbled across this tech...
Replies
Views
Hey, guys. I'm a co-op/intern at a company this semester, and I'm learning how to program PLCs. I'm using RSLogix 500 and a MicroLogix 1400 PLC to...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to do an indirectly address copy of strings in the Micrologix 1500. I would go to the AB forum but it's being incredibly slow. I...
Replies
Views
Hello Inside a FB, I´m trying to transfer a string from a DB to a IN_OUT var that was define as a UDT. The problem is that i can´t determine the...
Replies
Views
As the title says, I'm using CCW with a PV800 (and Micro850). I've made a scheduler in which a user can choose a month, day (1-31), hour (0-23)...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom