Tank pressure and temperature indicators

MayadaAhmed

hello,
I am looking for a type of indicators that can measure pressure of tank , the tank contains slurry . and a temperature indicator too.
I need types that can be connected to the PLC and HMI
Thank ;) you :rolleyes:

Have you looked at Emerson, Vega, Endress+Hauser and maybe PR Electronics to see what they offer for this? There will be more vendors with instruments for this, but any of these will make stuff that meets what you asked.

1. An 'indicator' displays a value.

A 'sensor' measures some variable and a 'transmitter' creates a useable, scaled signal for that variable.

Many transmitters can be purchased with or without a local indicator.

There are also stand-alone loop powered or line powered indicators for local display of a variable.

2. For a slurry level measurement, consider a top-mounted ultrasonic or radar non-contact level transmitter, if there's no foam.

If there's foam and that foam could create an issue with the false reading from the foam and the slurry underneath, then consider hydrostatic pressure measurement: a bubbler system can use a pressure transmitter, a submersible pressure transmitter or a flange mounted DP pressure transmitter measures the hydrostatic pressure (bubbler uses a bubbler dip tube inserted into the slurry).

However, the accuracy of a hydrostatic pressure value is dependent on a fixed, known slurry density. If the density changes, the output will be in error in direct proportion (+2% density would be a +2% level error). As long as a submersible's sensor opening does not clog from slurry deposits and the cable doesn't get damaged, it's quite reliable. Flange mounting depends on whether there's an existing flange at the bottom of the tank.

I would avoid guided wave radar (the kind with a probe), or capacitive technologies because contact technologies can be problematic from deposits on the contact probes caused by the slurry.

There are diaphragm gauge isolators that will separate the transmitter/gauge from the slurry. I suggest you ask the transmitter supplier for guidance.

Most posts here talk about the level, just think about the temperature a PT100 with a 4-20ma head converter, the reason I say that is if you plump for a level transmitter it will probably be 0-20 or 4-20 ma, so rather than have two analogue cards, a voltage/current card is only needed, if the temperature probe was either just PT100 or Thermocouple then you would need a separate card, you do not need to have the head mounted probe to 4-20ma converter fitted in the head it could be in the panel if it is not too far away, but probes with head converters are common & less prone to noise.