Heater current monitoring

pauly

I have to replace temperature controllers for an extruder and it is a retrofit. Each zone (there are 8 per controller, 72 loops in total) has up to 4 single phase SSR's spread across the three phases, so SSR1 is on phase L1, SSR2 is on phase L2, SSR3 is on phase L3 and SSR4 is on phase L1. This is per loop. I have a temperature controller that has heater current monitoring via CT's but this requires the heaters to be connected to the same phase.
Without being able to rewire the panel could anybody suggest a way of measuring the current across the three phases to utilize the onboard heater current monitoring?

I have to replace temperature controllers for an extruder and it is a retrofit. Each zone (there are 8 per controller, 72 loops in total) has up to 4 single phase SSR's spread across the three phases, so SSR1 is on phase L1, SSR2 is on phase L2, SSR3 is on phase L3 and SSR4 is on phase L1. This is per loop. I have a temperature controller that has heater current monitoring via CT's but this requires the heaters to be connected to the same phase.
Without being able to rewire the panel could anybody suggest a way of measuring the current across the three phases to utilize the onboard heater current monitoring?

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are after but can you just add a power meter with some split core CT's where you need to measure ?

So, if I understand you correctly the temperature controller can control 3 or 4 heaters in one go, but only one CT input.

Without running all 4 wires leading to the heater through a CT, I don't think it's possible. Even then, not really sure how it would work.