Cost effective HTML5 Clients

mad4x4

We have a Wonderware WW2017 system (60k tags) and we are looking at Web Client (view only) the Wonderware Webserver is £20K and some and not cost-effective. Any other alternatives.

The system is basically :

Siement S7-400 -> Wonderware OI drivers -> WW2017 Scada ->WW Client

What we want to do is add on about 3-5 HTML5 View Only Clients to view process data.

Not sure if it is what you need, but sometimes we use panel mount touch screens (7" and 10") from Yaskawa to use with web visualisations. Basically these panels run a full screen web browser to operate a PLC controlled system through a HTML5 web visualisation. I don't have part numbers available right now. I can find that after the weekend if it sounds like something you could use.

Last edited:
Would Beckhoff have something as well?

I'm interested in this as I've worked with a distributed system where each "PLC" contained its SCADA/HMI in web format and it was amazing. I reckon if someone was to have it, it would be non traditional companies.

Beijer have a product called x2Web which is an html5 client. Available in standard, ruggedised and fully seal variants.
Up to 15" if memory serves
Pp

Do you need specifically the wonderware graphics or are you happy to build new pages?
From my understanding you actually want a cheaper web server which visualises your process, is that right? A web client doesn't come better, nor cheaper, than Firefox.

For 1 or 2 Clients, Look at JMobile for Scattergood and Johnston. It is an EXOR product. I have used it before for a single web client, but I'm looking for a larger system solution.

Would Beckhoff have something as well?

I'm interested in this as I've worked with a distributed system where each "PLC" contained its SCADA/HMI in web format and it was amazing. I reckon if someone was to have it, it would be non-traditional companies.

For 1 or 2 Clients, Look at JMobile for Scattergood and Johnston. It is an EXOR product. I have used it before for a single web client, but I'm looking for a larger system solution.