Studio 5000 File Opening Issue

Tim Ganz

installed all versions of studio 5000 21-32 and trying to open a v28 file but it tries to open in 32 and gives me an error that the file was created in a newer version?

Not sure how to tackle this.

You can open with regular Notepad if you don't have Notepad ++. But do indeed get Notepad ++.

Look at the header below the DO NOT ALTER THIS FILE section and you can see the save/version history. The last entry will tell you the version you need to use. If it were an older version it would prompt you to convert to a newer version. If it were a version you had installed, it would have simply opened the file. So it is likely newer than the newest version you have.

OG

Similar Topics

I'm working on a project, adding a couple large machine components to an existing Control Logix L71S. The original program was written in v20. I...
Replies
Views
Hello Dear Plc expert I can not create the project on studio 5000 or Rslogix 5000, If I chose compact logix CPU (1769 L18ERM BB1B) but If chose...
Replies
Views
Hello, I just installed Studio 5000 V34 and when I try to create the project (with Compact logix Cpu), I get the below picture error message. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am having issues updating a studio 5000 file to V33. Its currently on V32. When I go into Properties>Change Controller>Software revision...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have several ACD files & L5X files, I would like to read the contents of these files, however I do not have Rockwell Studio 5000...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom