TIA Portal HMI Tags

Pele_1968

In TIA Portal, Is it possible to have all HMI tags linked automatically to the PLC or do you have to go through each HMI tag individually and link them to the PLC?

Even though the description is identical for each PLC, and HMI tag, the tag is "red".

BTW there is a connection between the PLC and HMI, I have confirmed that already

Not entirely clear what your issue is but if you browse to the HMI tags in your project and right click there's an option to synchronise with the PLC tags. This should get rid of any anomalies.

I think that somehow he has gotten a lot of HMI tags that are no longer syncronized with the PLC program. Maybe he has been copying a lot between projects. Or he had some tags connected to a PLC, and then he deleted the PLC connection. Or something like that.

In WinCC Flexible there is a function to re-syncronize tags. I suspect there is something similar in TIA. Have never had the need for it though.

I think that somehow he has gotten a lot of HMI tags that are no longer syncronized with the PLC program. Maybe he has been copying a lot between projects. Or he had some tags connected to a PLC, and then he deleted the PLC connection. Or something like that.

In WinCC Flexible there is a function to re-syncronize tags. I suspect there is something similar in TIA. Have never had the need for it though.

I don't know.
He can try. Or, if he has tags that are called the same in the HMI and PLC tag table (and same project) he can delete ones in HMI table and paste the ones used in PLC SW.

Or he can use a proxy PLC object to show needed DB's and sort them this way. It would be easier if there are more details.

But I hope your way is the way to go.