ControlLogix and Domino printer

asteroide

Hello Friends

I need to communicate a ControlLogix with a M230i Domino Printer throught Ethenet TCP/IP.

Have you done this? Can you share a sample program?

Thanks a lot

Hello Friends

I need to communicate a ControlLogix with a M230i Domino Printer throught Ethenet TCP/IP.

Have you done this? Can you share a sample program?

Thanks a lot

Wow, looked it up out of curiosity, and the company is close to me.

Anyway, they are an encompass partner, and have the ODVA and Ethernet/IP logos on the website.

My suggestion would be to read the manual for the printer, the information you seek is probably in there.

I was not able to find that information on their website, you will probably have to call or email.

Good Luck!

Celichi, your avatar is so confusing, haha. Who programs using 1 as no alarm and 0 as an active alarm. Or maybe I am the naïve.

Haha it is supposed to be.

I came across that early in my career in E-Town KY at a Dana Plant.

Never forgot that comment or that programmer.

I was there bailing out some c++ programmers who thought PLC was below them.

I always push people to name digitals in the positive state, just describe what on means.

I don't get Ron's, the output is always going to be on? What is the moral of this logic? Is he trying to say there are multiple ways to achieve an end goal? Or are there no morals, but just describing a new or confused plc programmer, haha.
---
Your signature is interesting too Dr. Bitboy, haha. That one applies to life in general.

Yeah, it took me a while too: I thought it was a puzzle/teaching exercise for quite some time.
When I first saw Ron's signature years ago, shortly after having found this forum, I got the joke immediately and could not stop laughing for about 15 minutes.
Celichi's avatar is very hilarious, and there are some avatars and signatures which are very funny too.

I have attached the manual.

I have read some info and looks that i need to create sockets to send the string throught ethernet tcp/ip.

I have not experience with socket communication.

Somebody has an sample program?

Thanks again

Check Rockwell knowledge base, it should be a technote on how to use Sockets with printers.
In this manual I don’t see a port number that printer is listening on, so I would try default from the tech note first.