CPU not accept addresses in Siemens S7 PLC

sohwel

Hi,

I have a problem with the addresses on the Siemens PLC program I am working with, the CPU don't seem to accept the address with IX.4 onwards but accept IX.0 to IX.3

Anyone encounter this problem before.

Thank

This is a normal "feature" of some of the ET200 series DP units - I believe the ET200S is one such unit. It's not really a problem especially if you use only symbolic adddressing, but as far as I'm aware, depending on which CPU you're using, you may have to live with it. Offhand I don't know for sure, but I could imagine that this may also occr with some of the smaller "compact" CPUs.

You'll get more precise answers if you let us know exactly what hardware you're working with.

I am using CPU414-3 DP with Profibus DP with several DP slave type ET200S and 4DI's and 4DO's.

When I compile the hardware config. offline everything is ok and download to PLC and go online everything seem ok until I double click on the I/O module with addresses X.4 onward the error messages not recognise hardware appear.

The funny thing is the properties of the module show it to be on a different slot than it actually is. (eg if the actual slot is in slot 3 it will show it to be in slot 6. and it show address of I 34534???)

I have use ET200S before without any problem. The program is not writen by me.

Thanks,

you should check your CPU limitation for addressing. From HW config click on cpu and go to menu PLC>Module Information.

Mehdi

Hi sohwel.

When you download a new HW config, you also have to restart the DP slaves for them to get the new configuration. Did you do that ?

What error messages dy you get in the hardware diagnostics (I do not mean the diagnostics buffer) ?

Hi,

Thank for the reply so far,

Mehdi - I am in hotel now so I can do this right now I will try again tomorrow

JesperMP - Yes, I did restart the DP module when I download new configuration.

Anyway, the problem is less serious than I thought because when I go online to the ladder program the addresses do work even for X.4 onwards, hence I can do some I/O checking.

It only when I double click on the mention module that the error message appear.

Today I make some screen shot of the error meassage so you guy have a better idea of what I encounter

Error01.png showed when I double click on the power module on the slaves

Error02.png showed when I double click on the 4DI on Slot 3

Error03.png showed the hardware config for module address 13

Please note that the profibus show no error and I can actually run the PLC program.

It could be a bug in the S7 V5.3 SP3 revision level K5.3.3.0 that I am using

Error01.PNG

Error02.PNG

Error03.PNG

Hi sohwel.

The ET200S i/o appears to work, but you get errors when you try to monitor the hardware while online.

When you get an error message, try to expand the information by clicking the "help" or "details" button. I dont know what the 11:103 error is exactly, if you check the expanded help you will get a good pointer in the direction where the error is.

Anyhow, I think that a possible explanation can be that one or more of the modules have been entered wrongly. STEP7 is very picky, the type numbers have to match exactly. If a module is not the expected type, then it may not work, or it works but some functions (such as diagnostics) does not work.
For example, you have specified the output module 6ES7132-4BD00-0AA0, but maybe it is really 6ES7132-4BD01-0AA0 which is backwards compatible with the other type.