emulating analog inputs in RS Logix

buhnen

Hi again folks,

I've programmed a routine for real time averaging of an analog input but I won't have the chance to check whether it works or not untill tomorrow when back in the working installation where my CompactLogix CPU is.

Unfortunately it seems that the Emulate 5000 doesn't allow to emulate analog I/O so I was wondering if the RSLogix 5000 does include any kind of ramping instruction which might be helpful for this. Looking through the online help I've seen an instruction called S-Curve (SCRV) but at first glance it seems too complex to set it up (lots of parametres included).

I just wanted to ask you all if there is any other option to this instruction, even an Add-on, or if it's better should I start thinking of programming my own code for a ramp.

Thanks in advance for your answers.