ethernet cables for drive-cliq connection to sinamics s120 ?

If they claim that it is "Ethernet" you should very well be able to use "Ethernet" cables... now connectors? That may be different, not everyone uses RJ-45 with their "Ethernet".

Hello,

First you have to specify if you are asking about the Gray Drive CliQ cable used for internal cabinet connections (i.e.CU to MoMo) or the Green Motion Connect Cable typically used from motor encoder to drive. To answer about the green Motion Connect cables - ABSOLUTELY NO!!!!!

The Gray Drive CLiQ cables are a crossover connection typical of what is used with standard Ethernet cables. The problem is these standard Ethernet cables found in your office are not suitable for use in industrial cabinets and will most likely lead to sporatic problems and void warranty. The Drive CLiQ cables supplied by Siemens are industrial hardened (noise immunity) and system tested to assure fault free operation. So in a pinch, Yes you could use any Ethernet crossover cable instead of the Gray Drive CLiQ cable for testing but you are asking for trouble if you do not replace it before commissioning.

Regards