shielded ethernet cables for drive-cliq connection to sinamics s120 components?

Kataeb

Hy, can we use shielded ethernet cables for drive-cliq connection to sinamics s120 components? Will any problems happen? I contacted siemens people and they categorically refused the idea.
We have been testing the drives for several weeks with ethernet cables (and drive-cliq connectors assembled by our team) without errors. Will the problem happen after a long time? Will any damage be caused to the sinamics modules?
The issue is that we have to cut the cables to length according to the installation on the machine. It is not practical to have hundreds of cables looping around (we used to make the cables for masterdrive servomotors).
Thank you

Similar Topics

What do most do out there in regards to ethernet cabling? Buy pre-made cable lengths for use in panels? Buy a spool and crimp your own? If you...
Replies
Views
Shielded ethernet cables with grounded connectors on both ends....is that not the same as grounding both sides of the drain wire in a 4-20mA...
Replies
Views
The following paragraph is from the AB ethernet cable selection guideline: Shields help to reduce noise coupled to the balanced cables by...
Replies
Views
Hi, Many analog sensors come with M12 connection and up to now for own uses and not so crutial meassurements I have used non shielded M12...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , I have a quick project to do , I know it is not a good practice , but can you put a shielded 120 ac cable in the same...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom