Virtual Machines and RSLogix/RSLinx

Hello All,

I am going to attempt to change the IP address of three SLC 505 controlers from a vm that has Linx and Logix installed on it. I have a rs232 cable and i have used it with a laptop directly however i have never done it with a VM. Has anyone ever encountered any issues and if so how can i avoid downtime on the PLC's?

My only experience is with VMWare. With that you have to make sure you give the guest access to the serial port on your computer. Or, if you are using a USB to serial then you may have to load the driver software on the guest OS and make sure the USB device is connected to the guest and not the host.

Similar Topics

My work laptop recently failed and I'm about to setup my new one. It will have RSLogix 500, Studio 5000, programs for - automation direct...
Replies
Views
While on the Rockwell website, I stumbled across a Rockwell virtual machine 9528-EWSLICENE. Everyone probably knows about this as I'm out of the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, There comes a time in everyone's career when you have to say enough is enough. That day for me is today. My manager is currently 630mi...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am a starter with PLC programming and HMI. Allen bradley to be specific. I have RSLogix Micro, Studio 5000 and Factorytalk View...
Replies
Views
I'm thinking about setting up some virtual machines on my laptop. The idea is to have a VM for Siemens software, a VM for Rockwell software etc...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom