Name a standard panelview

paulrae

Does anyone know if there is a way to give a standard panelview an assigned name that is visible when looking at the DH+ network node listing? My network is growing, it has several of the 300 micro, 550, and 1000 displays and I am finding it difficult to know exactly which display I am downloading to. A list of the node numbers is not allways available to me. In addition to the standard panelview disply, several of the machines have the newer panelview plus attached to their SLC 5/04.It would greatly simplify things if I could do this. And possibly also have the ability to pass through to the 300 micro and plus displays over the network.

I don't have one at home to test with but i am pretty sure you can just like the name you give processors. It should be in terminal settings if there isor maybe downloaded with the project.

I would bet it would be the project name.

Some one correct me if i am wrong. you can got to Applications settings>> Terminal setups and change the name.

If not to find out which panel view . You go to rslinx and open up the tree. Now disconnect the Dh cable or the power cable from the panel view. Check which one shows red mark in the rslinx that is your panel view.

This is what I have found so far.
When a new project is started PB32 asls for a project name.
This name is assignes as the terminal name in the program terminal setup.
When I connect to the DH+ network and look at the connections it has found, the SLC has a unoque name but the panelview is showing up simply as the node number and the type of panelview it is.
As an example, I have a Panelview 1000 grey screen set up right now on my test bench. It has a terminal name of "3160021P" which happens to be the serial number of the machine it is associated with. When viewed in RS Linx ( either classic, or the one included with PB32) the online name is PV1000G.
I need to find a way to have RS Linx display the online name as the terminal name.

Well it seems that after some exhausive searching of the knowledgebase I found 2 articles that cover this question. The answer is yes and no.
see 32117 no and 23795 yes (ethernet only)

Paul can you share the technote in pdf

Not sure how to do that. Here they are, one as a doc and one as a zip (it was to big to post)
Hope this works for ya.