ethernet connection between siemens PLC and hitachi PLC

arocon

We have siemens s7 300 PLC which is connected with Hitachi PLC through ethernet with CP343-1. When we connect another computer in that network, we can ping both siemens PLC and Hitachi PLC. But when we try to send data from the Hitachi PLC to siemens PLC we do not see any change in the data block in the siemens PLC. Could any body give me some suggestion ?

Hi,

a possible problem could be that the CP343-1 is a lean version, the CP is than a server, it can than only give data and not accept data.

Jan.

What protocol are you using ?
What is your code in both PLCs ?

I think that JanLand has misunderstood something.
A CP343-1 LEAN is a "server" for S7 connections. This means it cannot initiate PUT or GET datatransfers. But it can respond to PUT and GET datatransfers. It can work with AG_SEND and AG_RECEIVE in the normal way.
There is not the limitation to server only for a normal CP343-1.
arocon did not say that the CP343-1 is a LEAN version.

Last edited:
Hi,

I think that the Hitachi is able to communicate the modbus protocol, there is a siemens tool to run modbus via CP 343-1 the connection bus between them is TCP-IP look for OpenModbus on the siemens Forum. the software can be used, and causes an error on the CPU, after testing if it is usefull you can buy registration.

Jan

It is CP343-1 lean version. protocol is TCP. in the code use AG_send and AG_received. Does CP343-1 is not capable to do it ?

I have no idea what protocols Hitachi support. Never worked with Hitachi.

Foes Hitachi support Profinet ?
In that case you should get a CPU or CP that is capable of being a Profinet IO Controller or IO Device.

Does Hitachi support Modbus TCP ?
In that case there is a library from Siemens for Modbus TCP.