GE Cimplicity / OMRON Fins Ethernet communication

lionel38

Hello,

We have to create a communication between Cimplicity V8.0 (PC W7 64 bits) and an OMRON CJ1 PLC with Fins Ethernet Protocol.

We've tried to have the supportline but after a lot of days no answer at all.

We've tried to configure OMRON TCP/IP on the Cimplicity application but it doesn't work (no communication). We work with a licence loaned and we don't know if it is necessary to have a special OMRON communication driver to install.

We need help please

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Thank you RussB,
I've searched on the GE support website but no clear answer.
It confirm me the OMRON driver might be in the parcel lost by the customer. We're using a license of a customer and I think the driver is not available (they're using SIEMENS or SCHNEIDER PLCs)

Thank you again

Hi,

I use this post because I have the same kind of problem.

I use Cimplicity 8.2 and an Omron CS1/CJ2M.

After many tests and readings, I'm still unable to communicate with the PLC over Ethernet TCP/IP. I don't understand why the Cimplicity's "OMRON TCP/IP" diagnostic tool need an UDP service name. Moreover, this tool need 2 data:
CIMPLICITY SNA
CIMPLICITY SA1
I read some manual but I don't understand these data.

Moreover, according to "CIMPLICITY HMI Device Communications Manual", in the device properties, the OMRON TCP/IP address seems to be like :
<Host Name>.<subnetwork number>.<Controller address>
and not like 192.168.2.102 like other TCP/IP address.

We don't use the OMRON as a gateway but directly, so we don't understand why the FINS protocol is needed.

We don't know to if our problem is Cimplicity side, OMRON side or driver side.

Kind regards