Is it possible to do Serial to Ethernet communication using IC695ETM001?

smartatuls

I need to use serial to Ethernet converter to communicate serial (RS-232) device (LMS-200 SICK sensor) over ethernet. I am having IC695ETM001 ethernet module which is specifically used for ethernet communication but it also has a COM port(RS-232).

Can this ethernet module receive the serial data through COM port and transmit in TCP/IP format?

Any help is appreciated.

đź“š

No, the serial port is only used for the station manager software and for firmware upgrades.
GE makes a serial to Ethernet converter, part number IC200SET001. It can be configured for one of two protocols, either ModbusTCP or GE's SRTP.

Similar Topics

Is it possible to put the serial port into an "Off" state in a Contrologix PLC? I have a high-faluting "Y" cable so that I can run 2 plcs out the...
Replies
Views
Can we use serial to parellel converter instead of centronic interface while communicating S7-200 with Parallel Printer. (The software we are...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I need the ability to remotely reboot a Red Lion CR3000 HMI. Due to some graphics issues when the database is updated the HMI must be...
Replies
Views
Hello The plant is running and there is no shutdown nowadays therefore I can add 1734- AENTR and its card while PLC is in Run? I do not wanna...
Replies
Views
Folks, I have a client with an old ABB Advant / MOD300 system (v14.4). Around y2k I installed the ABB Industrial IT MOD300 OPC Server 1.1/2...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom