ProfiNet Anybus gateway question

einnh

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have been using ProfiBus Gateways to connect to a piece of equipment.

The equipment interface is through a PB/PB adapter that we connect through a HMS Anybus ProfiBus to Ethernet/IP gateway.

The manufacturer of the equipment now uses ProfiNet. We purchased a ProfiNet to Ethernet/IP gateway but we don't seem to have the same options that we did on the Profibus gateway.

The part is an Anybus 7649. The issue is we can't tell the gateway where to look for data on the ProfiNet. This was a configuration on the ProfiBus model.

Edit1:
* We configure the Ethernet/IP side via add-on profile in our studio 5000 environment. We do not have that same type of access on the ProfiNet side so we can't load a Siemens G file onto the equipment controller. With the ProfiBus arrangement we just told it the data size and location on the PB/PB adapter. Again, we don't seem to have that configuration option on the ProfiNet module.

Last edited: