You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old April 29th, 2021, 07:59 PM   #1
jrsnydley
United States

Using Parameter Files in FactoryTalk View Studio

Hey everyone, I want to make a faceplate in FactoryTalk View Studio and use parameters. Is there a way to provide feedback as to what file parameter file is currently active? Write a value to a tag perhaps? The faceplate will have a clear button on it. I would like to use one tag and clear the information based on which parameter file is currently being viewed. Is that possible?
Old April 30th, 2021, 03:56 PM   #2
Operaghost
United States

In your parameter file add another entry that points to an internal memory tag. Change the tag (ParamFile1) for each parameter file.

Example:
#5 = ParamFile1

Create a different memory tag for each parameter file. I use an analog tag but you could use a string if you want to display a text string. Enter a unique default value/string for each tag. Then display (#5) on-screen using a numeric or string display so you know which parameter file is loaded.

There is a way to just use a single tag and macros. It gets a bit more involved where this is really ease to do.

OG
Old May 4th, 2021, 02:21 PM   #3
jrsnydley
United States

Thanks for the reply. If that value were an internal memory tag it could not be monitored in the PLC though right?

What I was thinking was using the screen number (Replace Display Number) and the parameter file identifier to clear certain data. See attached image for example.

I am just not sure how to write the current parameter file to the identifier tag. Are the parameter file place holders read-only or can a value be written to them?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (28.5 KB, 23 views)
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum