You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old April 8th, 2021, 04:15 PM   #1
Tim Ganz
United States

Panelview Standard DF1 Vs ControlLogix DF1

Does anyone know if panelview standard DF1 Vs controlLogix DF1are the same cable / pinout?

I have a 1756-CP3 and trying to use it on a Panelview 1000 standard to download a program using the rs 232 DF1 driver and can't seem to make it work?
Old April 8th, 2021, 04:20 PM   #2
Operaghost
United States

Some PanelViews have a serial port strictly for upload/download. Some have a serial port with full DF1 communications. Knowing which PV you have will help identify what type of port you have. Although, if your PV has another comms network, then the serial port is an upload download port. If it only has a serial port and no other comms then it is a DF1 port.

To use the upload download port requires a standard RS232 cable. For full DF1 with your controller you want a crossover cable like the CP3. My memory on these older PV terminals is a bit hazy, so someone here may have additional details.

OG
Old April 8th, 2021, 06:06 PM   #3
Geoff White
Australia

I seem to remember that it used a straight pinned cable with the wrong gender at one end.

Otherwise you can plug the PLC end of the cable into your pooter directly.
Old April 9th, 2021, 11:41 AM   #4
Ken Moore
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Back in the day, I used a standard serial cable for the panel views. I think the CP3 is a Null modem version. Do you have a "straight" serial cable?
Old April 9th, 2021, 04:28 PM   #5
OkiePC
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

I keep a small handful of mini gender changers and null modem adapters in the ziplock back with my USB to serial converter just for such cases as these. Just the other day, I needed to upload from an old PV standard and ended up stacking three of them on the end of my converter to get the right gender and crossed over and back to get RSLinx to see it. If I simply had a female to female gender changer without the crossover in that ziplock back I would have been good to go, but I probably left that little nugget permanently installed somewhere. I took this picture so I would have the model number for future reference while I was waiting on the transfer process.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PV Standard Data Plate.jpg (190.5 KB, 12 views)
Old April 9th, 2021, 04:50 PM   #6
Operaghost
United States

Well that brings back memories!

OG
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum