Factory Talk Activation Manager

Jackllx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

I had a the safety editor license for Studio 5000, it has appeared to have vanished from my machine and in activation manager.

I put in my serial and product key, and activation manager finds it all validated etc, however in the downloads tab it says '0' available to download.

Has anyone had this before? I only have this license on this one PC so it's not been taken anywhere.

Thanks

Unless you "rehosted" back to the cloud. There won't be one available for you to download.

It's stored locally as a .LIC file, I would take a look (via Activation Manager - Advanced Tab - File Access). If the LIC file is there and you can't see it in Activation Manager then I would probably update to the latest version first. If that don't work, call Rockwell. They will support licensing issue even without a TechConnect contract.

Unless you "rehosted" back to the cloud. There won't be one available for you to download.

It's stored locally as a .LIC file, I would take a look (via Activation Manager - Advanced Tab - File Access). If the LIC file is there and you can't see it in Activation Manager then I would probably update to the latest version first. If that don't work, call Rockwell. They will support licensing issue even without a TechConnect contract.

+1

We have had a couple of occurrences where a user was in the process of borrowing an activation from our server and had it disappear into cyberspace due to network issues. A call (or chat) with tech support where I provided the serial number got them to quickly rehost the license for me so I could download it to the server again.

Thanks for both replies.

My Rockwell distributor has provided me with a once month temporary license in the meantime, and I will contact Rockwell in due course.

Very weird!