Logix 5000 Lost Project Paths

EJSControls

I am having an issue with Logix 5000 and I hope somebody has a solution.

Normally, when I open an existing project, the project path bar is automatically populated with the correct location of the controller on my network. Something changed and now the path bar simply states <none>. If I need to go online with a PLC, I have to open "who active" and search the list for the controller.

I also noticed that the list of recent paths is empty.

Is there a setting somewhere that can bring back all of the paths associated with my projects?

Surely, somebody has seen this before.

Thanks

Yep. When you go who active and find your PLC, select the PLC and then on the right hand side of the window, click "set project path". Then save the project.

Yep. When you go who active and find your PLC, select the PLC and then on the right hand side of the window, click "set project path". Then save the project.

Right, that is what I am doing for each project that I am opening. However, for the last 2 years or more, Logix 5000 "remembered" all of my project paths. We have a few dozen PLC's in our facility. I would hope there was a setting in the software to use the path that was saved in the project file.

Right, that is what I am doing for each project that I am opening. However, for the last 2 years or more, Logix 5000 "remembered" all of my project paths. We have a few dozen PLC's in our facility. I would hope there was a setting in the software to use the path that was saved in the project file.
Usually, that happens due to network changes in RSLinx. Just keep it untouch if you don't want to remember PLCs IP.

I would hope there was a setting in the software to use the path that was saved in the project file.

The path to that controller can be saved as part of the project. Each project you open can remember that path that was saved.

However, the history of all paths you used over the past several years isn't saved in a file. It might be saved as a hash in the registry somewhere. I looked for just the raw text in my path and it didn't find it.

Unfortunately, that history is easy to erase. They even have a Reset Path List button. Click it and it is gone. No "are you sure" type prompt either. Once that path is gone, it is gone.

OG