RSLogix5 crashing when going online

hardaysknight

Lifetime Supporting Member
Yesterday a coworker informed me of an issue with his laptop. Anytime he opens an RSlogix5 project, and tries to go online, the entire program crashes without any warning or error messages.

Today, I'm experiencing the same issue with my laptop.

The odd thing is, is that if the RSLogix window is not in active view, it goes online fine and stays open.

I've tried the usual thing with deleting the Harmony files.

We are running Windows 10 version 21H1, RSLogix5 version 10.00, and RSLinx Lite version 4.21. Rockwell patch rollup up to date as of April 2021. My coworkers versions are different but I'm not sure what he has.

I've had an issue with RsLogix5 crashing when going online. When this happens, I open the project, and then before I go online, I go to options, then select, OR, DE-SELECT, output window auto-arrange ( or something similar, not at computer now).
Not sure if it will work for you, but might be worth a try.