You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old June 18th, 2021, 04:37 PM   #1
kalabdel
Canada

Twincat 3 software help

Good day everyone,

I have to issues that I can not figure out and are driving me nuts. I am using TwinCat 3.1 I believe.

1- How to I turn off that god aweful auto declare option; I do not want it to pop up every time I move my cursor around with un-declared variables.

2-Find and Replace do not work at all, can never find anything no matter how many times I change the search criteria. Is there a trick somewhere?

Thanks
Old June 18th, 2021, 05:26 PM   #2
kolyur
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalabdel View Post
1- How to I turn off that god aweful auto declare option; I do not want it to pop up every time I move my cursor around with un-declared variables.
Go to Options from the Tools menu, then drill down into TwinCAT > PLC Environment > Smart coding. Turn off "Declare unknown variables automatically".
Old June 18th, 2021, 05:33 PM   #3
kalabdel
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolyur View Post
Go to Options from the Tools menu, then drill down into TwinCAT > PLC Environment > Smart coding. Turn off "Declare unknown variables automatically".
Thanks, I got it.

Any chance you know how the search field in the options dialog box works? I searched earlier for "smart" and "auto" and nothing came up.
Old June 19th, 2021, 10:57 PM   #4
kalabdel
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalabdel View Post
Good day everyone,

2-Find and Replace do not work at all, can never find anything no matter how many times I change the search criteria. Is there a trick somewhere?

Thanks

Find and replace works if I start TwinCat 3 shell without not Visual Studio.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum