Upload program from the QuickPanel Control

Fadilis

Hello everyone! I have an old QuickPanel Control that I need to either modify or upgrade. and I need to get the program out of it if possible.
So my question is, What software and cable do I need?
I'm having a time trying to figure it out from the GE website. The part number HMI is IC754CGL06CTD-EE. I think I need some version of QuickDesigner ?

I'm glad you took my suggestion to start your own thread. It would have been better to start it in the main part of the forum rather than the practice area. Forum members tend to not pay as much attention to posts in the practice area.

You will need Proficy Machine Edition software. GE sold their PLC and HMI product lines to Emerson a few years ago. If you contact your local Emerson sales office they can give you the necessary information to download a trial version. Quick Designer is the name of the software offered by Total Control Products, from whom GE originally purchased
the Quick Panel product line.

There is no guarantee that you will be able to extract the application from the Quick Panel. The original programmer has the option whether or not to permit the end user to upload. If they chose not to permit uploads, you are out of luck.

Thank you Steve for the quick reply and for the clarification,
i have other question, there is any chance to make a backup from the HMI with a flash memory or a SD card, and open it with the PME software?

In theory it ought to be possible. The QP runs Windows CE. You'll need to know where to find the files that Proficy sends to the HMI. I've never tried and in my opinion it sounds like more trouble than its worth. If the original programmer chose not to allow uploading the project your method will not get around that.

Hey Steve
Thank you for your support, and I'm sorry for the late replay cause is a holidays period in morocco.
So today i was apple to connected to do HMI, and i was apple to upload the project from the HMI .
Note :
- Software : Proficy Machine Edition
- Version : 7.0.
- Windows 7 Pro.
- Communication via Ethernet cable.
- Panel Ref : IC754CGL06CTD-EE.
For the steps :
I created a new project in my PME then i added a new target, in my case it was a Quickpanel view/control, i set the IP address for the target and for my computer, in my case it was 2.255.88.140 for the HMI and 2.255.88.211 for my pc.
then right click and upload.

Hey Steve
Thank you for your support, and I'm sorry for the late replay cause is a holidays period in morocco.
So today i was apple to connected to do HMI, and i was apple to upload the project from the HMI .
Note :
- Software : Proficy Machine Edition
- Version : 7.0.
- Windows 7 Pro.
- Communication via Ethernet cable.
- Panel Ref : IC754CGL06CTD-EE.
For the steps :
I created a new project in my PME then i added a new target, in my case it was a Quickpanel view/control, i set the IP address for the target and for my computer, in my case it was 2.255.88.140 for the HMI and 2.255.88.211 for my pc.
then right click and upload.

But I tried like this and it didn't work for me or do you have to have the quick panel running to upload the program to the PME?

The Quick Panel certainly has to be powered up. I don't know for sure whether or not the View runtime application has to be running, but it almost always starts automatically when you power up the QP.

I think I didn't know how to express myself, sorry.

I was wondering why I tried to upload but it gives me the error with PME whether or not the panel application is in rum.

I don't know if you have to put the quick panel in transfer mode to do it.

Gracias por su respuesta

What is the text of the error message and the error number? The original programmer of the QP may have chosen to not permit an upload from the QP to Machine Edition.
There is no special 'transfer mode' for the Quick Panel when you upload from the QP to Machine Edition software.
It is only when you download from Machine Edition to the QP, that the runtime application has to be shut down. The software commands the shutdown when you start the download.

Dear colleagues, hello to everybody!
I have similar problem with Quickpanel IC754VBI06SFD-GF
Proficy Machine Edition Runtime 6.5
QuickPanel View V2.00
Windows CE. NET v5.00
I used PME6.0 and 7.0 with same effect: "there was problem copying the temporary project. Consequently the temporary project can not be opened"
Any ideas what can be wrong from my side?
I'm newbie with PME, but IP is the proper one.

Thank you in advance

I want to load the program from my hmi quick panel + to my PME or rather to my PC to have a backup copy of the program it has, I configure the TCP/IP in Windows CE on the screen and also in the PME but at the same time When you load it it does nothing.

If someone is so kind as to explain to me how it is done or has some other way to do it, then please tell me, I will be very grateful.

PS: I have the backup extracted by SD card but I don't know how to open it in PME. If you know, tell me too. THANK YOU