Micro 850 communication to Schneider M340

Saffa

Hi all,

Have an upcoming project where an equipment supplier is providing a machine controlled with a Rockwell Micro 850 PLC, which will form part of a larger process plant (inlet screen for a wastewater treatment plant).

The main plant will have a Schneider M340 2020 processor with a NOC401 comms card.

We'll need to obtain some basic info from the Micro 850 (Equipment Status, levels, flows etc). Generally I try and select equipment with a built in modbus TCP interface with a defined interface map as that always works easily with Schneider equipment and I know what data we can pull from it.

The OEM is pretty flexible with stuff, but I don't think they know much about comms so i thought I'd rather check here since I'm not familiar with the Micro 800 series. Is it possible to set up the 850 as a modbus tcp slave? What's involved with mapping tags to modbus registers?

At this stage in just trying to make sure we can do this, and to estimate whether i need 1 hour, 1 day or 1 week to get this working.

Thanks Garry,

I always forget to look on Youtube for this kind of thing! That looks pretty straight forward, should just be able to just tell the OEM a 4x register range and get my required tags in there, with some MOVs to put the data from their standard code into those tags.

We've never really delved into the Micro800 series so it might be time to have a bit of a play on this project.