You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old April 5th, 2021, 11:48 AM   #1
angadh
United Kingdom

Click PLC and Advanced HMI

Hi,

I have developed a small PLC program of few motors, PB, and a tank. The communication between HMI and PLC is Modbus TCP. While I was trying to develop the HMI simulation the tank level doesn't work, I tried adding a separate counter to increase the level of the tank. However, the level doesn't vary. Any advice on how to increase the level of the tank according to Motor-1 turned on and decreases when Pump-1 turns on. Could anyone suggest any plan to solve the issue. HMI used here is Advanced HMI and PLC is Click PLC.
Old April 5th, 2021, 01:25 PM   #2
parky
United Kingdom

What have you done to simulate the level ? the way I would do it is create some code for simulation (you can delete it later), assuming you are using an analog for level, temporarily remove the call to the analog so that you can force the value into the register, using simple logic & perhaps a time variable (most PLC's have them like one second clock) when the pump runs to fill the tank, increment the analog word by a set amount each time i.e. AND Pump Running AND Timer ADD +1 to variable.
do the same for emptying. very simple I do not know click so don't know how the analog level is used but in for example Mitsubishi the analog is copied into a register (variable) then scaled i.e. if it is 0-2000, then scale it to 0-100 (percent level), when Im' simulating I just disable the call to the analog & write some simple logic to increment or decrement the value, put compares on it so that it does not go below 0 or above high level.
Perhaps you should post this in the main forum, it will get more replies, also perhaps post your code so far (preferably in pictures & pdf) so people can get a better idea of what you are trying to achieve.
Old April 9th, 2021, 12:30 PM   #3
angadh
United Kingdom

Hi Thank you for the reply.

I have used timer to control the pumps. For varying the level I need to convert bit to an integer right?. Please advice
Old April 9th, 2021, 01:15 PM   #4
parky
United Kingdom

Not exactly, you just create a timer that resets itself & use the pulse to add a value or increment an integer
......T10
-----|/|------------------------( T10 500ms) //create a self resetting timer

......T10...........Pump 1 Running (Filling)
-----| |-----------| |-------------[ADD 2 My_Level] // on timer pulse & pump add a value to an integer this becomes your level.
Do the same for empty but use subtract

......T10...........Pump 2 Running (Emptying)
-----| |-----------| |-------------[SUB 2 My_Level]
Old April 9th, 2021, 01:32 PM   #5
I_Automation
United States

Is it possible the AHMI is writing to the level tag every scan?

It might be a BasicLabel has a write tag and a default value that it might be overwriting the tank level integer when you change it.

As a test change the tank level tag in the PLC only and try to manipulate that and see if it changes then. If not from the HMI do a Find All and see if the tag is being written to anywhere else in the program.
Old April 9th, 2021, 01:45 PM   #6
angadh
United Kingdom

I tried with the all tags in the PLC but the level is not moving. I tried with HMI tank properties and changed the background image properties to stretch and inputted a value thus the tank level reached value. But there is no max PLC value and Min PLC value where I can substitute the Modbus address.
Old April 9th, 2021, 01:47 PM   #7
parky
United Kingdom

Not used Click PLC but perhaps post a pdf of your code, have you got an integer variables that you are putting the level into
Old April 9th, 2021, 01:55 PM   #8
angadh
United Kingdom

Presently I tried with a Math function which is an integer, then level moved up when I mapped the Modbus address. However, I need to reduce the level as well when the pump is off that's not happening. I will share the images
Old April 9th, 2021, 02:02 PM   #9
angadh
United Kingdom

Pump is working synchronized but the level is yet a problem. Which function do I need to use to increase an integer value?
Old April 9th, 2021, 02:06 PM   #10
parky
United Kingdom

You just need to add say one to the tank level variable
like this.
Attached Images
File Type: png Tank level.png (88.9 KB, 34 views)
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum