SLC 500 batteries

I know of a place... great service, fast shipping and great prices (oh yah I also worked there)

https://www.plccable.com/lot-of-10-14-49-ea-allen-bradley-slc-plc-battery-1747-ba-1769-ba/

https://www.plccable.com/allen-bradley-slc-plc-battery-1747-ba-1769-ba-free-shipping-1747ba/

These are aftermarket but they work just as good... there are only a handful of battery manufactures, they just private label them for everyone

EDIT: We are a distributor for a company that assembles them in the US, as of last month we have sold over 10k of their batteries and never had a complaint about them so they make a good product.

Last edited:
Hi all,

our company is in need of several slc 500 batteries, 1747-ba.
the Allen Bradley price is $200 each !!

does any one know where we can get these batteries for a better price?
thanks in advance,
james

Shocked by your post, I looked it up at my local distributor, £146 each !!

Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind someone making an acceptable profit on an item, but that is HORRENDOUS! and just shows what RA thinks of it's own customers. Blatant profiteering!

There is nothing special in these batteries, it's a standard battery, with solder lugs attached to solder wires onto.

You can buy these from various places for just a few dollars each, and get someone to solder the old cables to the new batteries. A bit of heat-shrink or even good old insulation tape and you'd be good to go.

It's not rocket science !