2080-LC30-24QWB - firmware download failed

Oliver Micka

Hi all,
I have problem with this PLC.
I have Micro 830 ( 2080-LC30-24QWB series A ).
Yesterday i tried download PLC code in to the PLC,
CCW wanted to upgrade firmware on this PLC,

I did chose - OK,
Original FW was 6
I chose a new : 12

During the process "downloading firmware" CCW in the half proces CCW freeze and showed me "connection failure" and after this failure CCW show me loss communication with the PLC.

If i tried repeat this process CCW showed me fault -- "can´t connect to the PLC", then i did try " disconnect power, wait a half hour and connect power again " to the PLC.
After i connect the power i have same status " Flashing Fault LED".

RsLinx see this PLC only through VBP-1 , and if i "click" to + on the station, nothing found..

I try use ControlFlash (v15.04) to re-flash firmware, but if i chose a correct type of PLC "2080-LC30-24QWB/A" and chose direct way to the PLC via RsLinx -> VBP-1 -> 08.Micro 830, ControlFlash showed me " device is different, please chose a correct device"
( i tried chose 2080-LC30-24QWB and 2080-LC30- 24QWB/B -i have same fault - device is different, please chose a correct device" )

I think, my PLC is "Bricked" but i don´t know, how can i "Unbrick".

Does anyone know, what is the better solution for this fault?

I found a several similarly situation, but nothing helped me.

CCW - 13.00
RsLinx - 4.20.00 - CPR 9 SR 12.0
ControlFlash - 15.04

Note: I tried use a DF1 port ( cable 1761-CBL-PM02 ), but if i connect to the RS232 port in the PC, nothing gonna happen.
DeviceManager dont showed me any info for new device on COM port.

The only one way, where my PC react to the connected device ( my PLC ) is only throught USB cable.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Last edited: