Help - Restore a Project in Proficy Machine Edition

ENRIQUEPLC

Hi everyone.

I am writing this post because I need some help to open a backup file belonging to a project made in "Proficy Machine Edition" (GE Fanuc).

I hardly know anything about PME but I have watched some videos and I understand this software creates an archive in (.zip) to backup a project and at the same time you need this archive (.zip) to restore the project.

However I was given a project in a normal folder that contains a lot of .BLD, .BLK and .PDT files and I don't find the way to open the project in PME (I am using V7.0).

Please. Does anybody know how to open this kind of files?
Is there a special procedure to open this backup?
Am I using the correct version?
or is is it neccesary to have the backup in a .zip file?

This is the link where I have the project.

https://mega.nz/file/bnBjnabI#kCZqp3F-bQnSxnHFhgrUULRF8tqF5ywGU9vayjQ-tvw

Thank you in advance for your support

The backup file you have is not a PME backup. It is VersaPro.

You can import this file into PME.

Unzip your backup file.
Create a new project with a 90-30 PLC (or whatever your choice).
Open the new project.
Right-click on the Target, select Import, select VersaPro folder.
Browse to the location of your unzipped file. Keep browsing until you find "Target1.fld".
Click on Target1.fld, Click Open.
Click Yes to import.

Thank you so much for your help.

I could finally open the project. 🍺

I only have one last question.

I installed VersaPro V2.04 SP1 but when I tried to open that project (Target1.fld), the software sends an error

"Invalid folder text file. File contains an invalid keyword"

What does it mean?
Is there a mistake with the project?
Do I need another version?

It is a 90-70 project, not a 90-30. Do you have the correct level of Versa-Pro for a 90-70 project?

You don't need Versa-Pro if you follow the procedure outlined by dYoast. You start a new 90-70 project in Proficy Machine Edition and import the Versa-Pro folder. Of course you will need the proper version of PME that can handle a 90-70 project.