Studio 5000 & Logix 5000 downloads

mustbemad10

Hi.
A client of mine has recently purchased Studio 5000, but devided to go for the download option rather than getting the latest version on a DVD.
I have been asked to download all of the versions.
As 'luck' would have it, they have many CPUs running a whole mix of firmware. So I have the delightful job of downloading & installing each of the packages one-by-one.

So... is there a way to combine the downloads into say 1 folder, then run the setup file & it will automatically pick up the other versions & install them at the same time?

I seem to remember RSLogix 5000 has this where it grouped all of the earlier versions together...?

Any advice would be great!

IIRC, Routeco wanted £80 to get the DVD version shipped over from Ireland to us.

I complained the first time and they sent me one, but warned that the charge would come if we wanted it on DVD in future, as they did not ship out DVDs as the norm any more - cannot remember anything sent warning us about that.

So unless you have a DVD version, I think you have to go online and download each version you want.
If there is a DVD-equivalent download, then that may help, but I think they are individual versions of about 1GB each.