FTView SE - unable to delete application or add network server

phuz

I've got an HMI distributed application for this customer, but we recently changed it (in our office) to a network station because distributed isn't necessary (only one HMI server). I am trying to delete the network distributed, but it is not allowing me. I continually get the "Unable to perform operation. The application named '....' is in use." I tried using the SE services to stop it, but it doesn't work. All the clients are disconnected, too.

Further, when I go to each client, and try to create a new .cli file, the application does not show up when I choose Network Station. The FT directory is properly connected to the right directory server, so I don't understand why it's not seeing it, unless the network distributed application is still active and not letting another HMI server become visible.

Thoughts?

I wonder if the application manager would still work in Windows Safe Mode. There has to be something running that is still talking to the distributed application somewhere.

It's Rockwell Garbage. Back up the application, wipe the computer HDD clean, reinstall the Rockwell Garbage you need, restore the application.
Or just run it on a VM. Or even a VM within a VM. Can't be too careful with Rockwell Garbage.

This has been answered already I'm sure.

In my case it was the alarm server. I needed to turn off 2 things then run application then close before I could delete and update it. One thing was the ft alarms and events. The other maybe the tag server? It was a stand alone application. Shutting down services had no effect and it's not even possible to shut down all rockwell.

This has been answered already I'm sure.

In my case it was the alarm server. I needed to turn off 2 things then run application then close before I could delete and update it. One thing was the ft alarms and events. The other maybe the tag server? It was a stand alone application. Shutting down services had no effect and it's not even possible to shut down all rockwell.

I wrote a script for windows to stop and disable all Rockwell services, and one to re-enable and start them. Unfortunately, it gets stuck when one of the 87,289,283 idiotic Rockwell services are just stuck due to poor programming.