RSView32 User Accounts

shaulapto

Hello,

I have a system with RSView32 Works Build 6.50.07 running in Windows XP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack3.
My customer asked me to use Windows User Accounts instead of RSView User Accounts.
Using Setup I've changed it and the windows users are now shown in the User Accounts list.
When I try to login in RSView the User Name is recognized but not the password,I receive the following message:

"Incorrect password attempt for user [...]"

May be someone can give me a clue to solve this problem.

Thanks

Ensure that user is actually added into the project. Otherwise i'd wager what they said the password is, is wrong. Can you create your own user account for testing?

Thank you Nova for your reply.
Finally I solved the problem.It was a windows XP OS issue :

User accounts

· To make sure Windows Admininstrator users work properly as RSView32 user accounts on Windows XP with Service Pack 2, you need to configure the security setting by performing the following steps:

1. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel.

2. On the Control Panel page, double click Administrative Tools, then Local Security Policy to open the Local Security Settings dialog box.

3. In the console tree, click Local Policies, then Security options. In the details pane, right-click Network access: Sharing and security model for local accounts and open the Properties dialog.

4. Select Classic – local users authenticate as themselves, then click OK to apply the changes.