TIA Portal Cause Effect Matrix (CEM)

Interesting. Thanks

As always it is more difficult sometimes to actually understand all of the conditions that the customer wants before programming.

I used something similar in PCS7 in a project long ago, and it was really helpful, because the logic was in matrix form in the customer documentation (process safety). It made it incredibly easy to map which devices should be on with which inputs. I was a big fan, for relatively simple logic.

It seems like something that will be really useful in a few key industries, perhaps useful to a newbie who doesn't know LAD but is comfortable with an Excel look, and probably mostly ignored besides that.

It is surprising addition and I have never read anyone wishing something like that.
I have no idea what other changes they made in V17 but his has zero value to me.
I'm looking for advanced programming functionalities and one very basic IDE feature, dark theme.
Here's another feature I would love to have and never seen it anywhere, option to have preset prefixes for different scopes, something that I can set in preferences with ability to override individual ones; so if I declare input tag of book type, it would a prefix of my choice like in_b or anything I like.
That's just nice to have but dark them is looking overdue.

Hi, have you been able to create functions in the CEM language? I have no option to cheese the CEM language. Do I need to install something extra for that?

Nevermind. Looks like it is only possible to select for FB. I thought I tried that already but guess not. Thanks for the reply. So yes it is available (y)