Questions reggarding Factory Talk ME Studio 11

AlexGLV

Greetings!

My name is Alex and I'm a fellow PLC programmer and developer.

Currently I've been having issues with a FTView project. I would appreciate if you could help me with this 2 questions.

1) Whenever I use a Numeric Input Enable object and I do a test run it works just fine, but when I create the runtime application the keyboard doesnt show when I click the object. Am I missing something?

2)The second doubt I have is if it's possible to use a Numeric Input Enable object to write to multiple tags at once. The application I'm working at requires the operator to assign a set point value to different equipments using a single control. Can this be done in FTView ME?

Thanks in advance :)

Welcome to the forum Alex,

It has been sometime I never use a keypad model. So my doubt is,
Does your screen comes with a keypad.

For your second question, why don't you write your numeric input to a variable and use that variable as an input to your multiple tags

Regards

1) Whenever I use a Numeric Input Enable object and I do a test run it works just fine, but when I create the runtime application the keyboard doesnt show when I click the object. Am I missing something?
Most things I can think of would also cause it to not show when doing a test. This probably isn't the issue, but make sure you have the pop-up setting set to 'Keypad' not 'None' on the Numeric tab.

2)The second doubt I have is if it's possible to use a Numeric Input Enable object to write to multiple tags at once. The application I'm working at requires the operator to assign a set point value to different equipments using a single control. Can this be done in FTView ME?

I usually handle that sort of thing in the PLC, but you could probably write to an HMI tag then use a macro to write that tag to multiple PLC tags.

...I usually handle that sort of thing in the PLC, but you could probably write to an HMI tag then use a macro to write that tag to multiple PLC tags.

Following up on that, you could have the numeric input write to a single tag. It could even be an HMI tag. Then have a "download" button sitting right next to it that they press to confirm the change. It would actually be a macro button calling a macro that writes that tag to all the necessary destinations. Label the Numeric Input something like "Change Setpoint".

And yes, make sure the Numeric Input is set to Keypad, not none or scratchpad if it is a touchscreen version. If the PV terminal has a keypad, then you could use scratchpad.

OG