PLC Stops when connected to TIA Portal

hein123

PLC: 1512SPF

When connecting to the PLC and making a download, the PLC intermediately goes to 'Stop Mode' due to a watchdog timeout.

Any suggestions to improve this?

PLC: 1512SPF

When connecting to the PLC and making a download, the PLC intermediately goes to 'Stop Mode' due to a watchdog timeout.

Any suggestions to improve this?

Not sure this is the issue, but:

If you are using technology objects in a 1510/1512, the default motion cycle is much faster than actually feasible for the CPU. You need to up it from 1ms to at least 4ms.

Not sure this is the issue, but:

If you are using technology objects in a 1510/1512, the default motion cycle is much faster than actually feasible for the CPU. You need to up it from 1ms to at least 4ms.

Most of these objects are 30ms

You can try to indrease the max cycle time from 150 to 500 ms.
At least it should stop the CPU from faulting.
Obviosuly only if your machine can allow to be unresponsive for up to 500 ms.

You can also decrease the cycle load from communication from the default 20% to for example 10%..15%.
Do you have any technology objects ? These can be affected by changing this parameter as well.

Most of these objects are 30ms
There can only be one motion cycle time, and it is almost always 1, or a multiple of 2. Might want to double check that. If there are motion TOs, look at the properties of the MC_Servo OB.

What errors do you get in the diagnostic buffer?

CHanged the cycle load to 10%.
Max cycle time I don't want to change. Under normal operation, the PLC's behave, it is just when I connect / download to the PLC

What do you guys mean by technology objects?
With 30ms, I meant it is actually connecting to ethernet devices and reads after 30ms.

CHanged the cycle load to 10%.
Max cycle time I don't want to change. Under normal operation, the PLC's behave, it is just when I connect / download to the PLC

What do you guys mean by technology objects?
With 30ms, I meant it is actually connecting to ethernet devices and reads after 30ms.

Technology objects are one way to program motion/drive commands, often considered easier than other methods. If you don't know what they are, you probably didn't use them.

I'm going to circle back to "what errors do you get in the diagnostic buffer?"

Technology objects are one way to program motion/drive commands, often considered easier than other methods. If you don't know what they are, you probably didn't use them.

I'm going to circle back to "what errors do you get in the diagnostic buffer?"

so the solution was to reduce the communication load to 15%.
For one PLC, max cycle time went from 145ms to 45ms.

In the diagnostics buffer, it was always a watchdog time exceeded fault ( cycle time > 150ms)

Thanks for the advice