Adding 2nd Analog output card to Mitsubishi. Need coding help

I have a Mitsubishi FX2N-64MR-UA1 processor. The 1st analog output card is an FX2N-4DA. It requires 24VDC power.
That card is obsolete. The card I received is an FX2N-2DA. There is no 24VDC power supply. It appears to just plug in using the ribbon cable.

I'm familiar with RSLogix 5/500/5000. I'd like to compare temperatures, and use timers to maintain an analog output, but I've never done this before. I reached out to the engineer who was supposed to help, but haven't heard back. I simply need to send a few outputs based on temps, and hold the output until the equipment reaches another temp.

In any flavor of logix this would be easy, but I'm not that familiar with Melsoft.

Any helpful pointers, or links to vids, would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
First of all, what programming software are you using GXDeveloper or GX Works2.
Analogues are pretty easy and on the Mitsubishi website there are manuals for the cards.
here is the manual
http://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/plc_fx/jy992d74901/jy992d74901g.pdf

The FX2N uses the TO/FROM instructions to send or receive data to & from the card, these are to the buffer memories. the card slot is the address so card 0 (first expansion card on the right of main unit) is address 0, then 1 & so on.
the TO instruction is simple to use i.e.
-----[TO K0 K16, K4M100 K1] might seem a bit weird but
TO K0 means send data to card 0.
K16 is the buffer memory address in the card (for channel 1 lower 8 bits)
K4M100 is the data (because this card requires two transfers for the first 8 bits then the second 4 bits convert the digital value into bits) so K4 means a byte, M100 is the start of those 8 bits. the K1 is only transfer 1 address.
there is a sample in the above manual, for some reason the 2DA card is a bit different from the 4DA where a 16 bit word can be written direct.