Graphic Display problem with Panelview Plus 1000

Mike R

Hi All,

Im new here and there seem to be some very knowledgable people on here so I thought I'd ask you all a question...

We have been having problems with our PLC/HMI control system. An intermittant power failure keeps causing the screen to lose power.

However, everytime the power returns, the screen needs to be reloaded.

Also, since this has started occuring, when downloading the .mer file from RS View, the displayed version on the PV+1000 does not look the same as the version in RS View.

Its nothing major, but fonts look slightly different, words are in the wrong place or are split up, such as in one case, 'Maintenance' is displayed as 'Maintenanc
e'.

Also, some text is positioned 'under' the data display boxes, so it can't be seen.

I have tried recreating the runtime file and re-downloading, but its exactly the same.

Previously, the displayed version looked exatly like the one in RS View.

Any ideas???

Last edited:
When you say "reload", do you mean download? Read from external storage? Or just load an application from internal memory?

If you are missing fonts and having to load applications from external storage or a laptop, then you probably have a defective unit.